Monday, October 7, 2019

Car show at Oscar's

Lorraine and I had the opportunity to go to an Internations event at Le Puce du Canal, which is a very large flea-market type operation.  Our event was at the restaurant, Oscar's.  There was also a car show going on while we were there, so we got to see some great cars that don't usually appear at US car shows.  There were a number of old cars, many of which I couldn't identify, and a few newer ones.  Here are some of them:  First a wonderfully restored bright orange Morgan, with us blocking the view.

It is fully operational;  I saw it drive away.

There were some old Porsches.  I really liked the silver one.





There were a couple of nice Mini-Coopers, which made me think of my friends, John and Ellen Morgan, who have some of their own.





There were a couple of old Jaguars, a beautiful XK-150 (I think), and an early XKE set up for racing.





There was a Ford Cobra with the standard Shelby racing stripes.



There were several old sedans that I couldn't identify, but I could picture Bonnie and Clyde using.  These didn't have bullet holes!





I liked this beautiful white roadster, also not identified.  If I had a better command of French, I could probably found out what some of these cars were.  I can ask questions, but it is a sure thing that I won't understand the answers.


I had an office mate at NASA, Bob Dunning, who always drove a Citroen.  There was an old DBV in the lot, but it left before I took pictures.  A DS-19 in good condition drove in late.  This was the car Bob drove.  He liked to use the air suspension to raise and lower the car when he was stopped at a stoplight - to the delight of kids in neighboring cars.



I'll stop this post for now. I still have some catching-up to do, and we are going to Annecy, in the French alps, for a day trip tomorrow.
A bientot.

1 comment: